Email submissions to Exposure are preferred and encouraged to save time, paper, and postage.
We welcome all submissions in the form of digital images sent via email or CD/DVDs through regular mail when they conform to the specifications below. All photographs must be high quality for print.
|Send submissions by email to:||journaleditor [at] surfacedesign [dot] org|
|Send submissions by regular|
|Marci Rae McDade, SDJ Editor|
3310 SE 33rd Ave
Portland, OR 97202
To have your work considered for Exposure, please send:
- Six to eight digital format images of your best recent work (include details if needed).
- A corresponding captions list.
- A current resume
- An artist’s statement
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) for return of hard copy materials, if desired
- At least 300 resolution in the 6 x 8-inch range or larger. Tiffs are preferred but jpgs are acceptable.
- Identification of each image with a number (1, 2, 3…) and a file name that includes the artist’s last name and artwork title rather than a numerical code. For example: “picasso_polkadots” rather than “100001.”
Requirements for All Submissions
Send an attached word document via email or printed list of numbered images with your CD/DVD to correspond with numbers on the images. Provide full caption information for each piece:
- Artist’s name
- Title of work
- Date of completion
- Collection, installation site, or source of commission, if relevant
- Photo credit (if photographer is not the artist)
Please add any information that will help the designer understand the image—e.g., if there is black around the edge of the image, is it background or part of the work?
All submissions to Exposure are considered, but publication is at the discretion of the editor. To be considered, you must be an active SDA member with a populated member profile page. Questions can be sent to journaleditor [at] surfacedesign [dot] org.