NOW ON SDA NEWSBLOG
Love textile travel? Connect to your inner adventurer via this story about the applique-driven journeys of artist Nell Sonnemann. Patricia Malarcher, esteemed former Surface Design Journal editor, has spent the last several years editing Sonnemann's far-flung inquiry into varieties of applique. Check out the set of 12 travel journals she created to document a process - and a quirky and exceptional spirit.
- 2016 SDA Member Show Opening is June 3
"Transgressing Traditions" will showcase our members' work at Schweinfurth Art Center (NY, USA).
- Order Materialities 2015 Catalog of Members' Work
Savor your own print copy of outstanding work in textile media by our talented membership.
- Fulfill Your 2015 Pledge To Support SDA's Future
Thank you for putting your money where your (he)art is. Click here to pay your pledge.
SDA AWARD & GRANT NEWS
- June 1 Deadline To Apply For Creative Promise Award
SDA grad & undergrad student members may apply for this award for student excellence.
- June 1 Deadline For Socially-Engaged Practices Grant
This SDA grant is awarded twice yearly to members whose work advances positive social change.
- Apply by June 1 for SDA Member Small Events Grants
This grant supports program-related expenses for local & regional SDA members activities & outreach.